I'm starting work on a new project on Monday and I've got full control of all development aspects. With that in mind, I've been thinking of how I can get to beta status as quickly as possible - finish main development and get to the stage where the client is reviewing minor details. This is dependant on a combination of my skillset and the tools I'm going to use. I've got:
- Existing Plastiscenic.Commons code and project structure for quick setup
- C# 3.0 to remove some boiler plate code (automatic properties for example)
- Monorail to develop with fewer LOC in the main app
- NHibernate for low friction database work
- ExtJS for rich backend
- Strong cross-technology skills to integrate the above
Are there any additions to this that you use to accelerate the development process?